Matt and I went back over today to see if we could figure out what was going on, because Sheri and her husband had checked all the connections multiple times and had had no luck in getting the system to work. The husbands went to play golf, Sheri and I looked at the system. All the wires were plugged in, I checked the board we had installed to make sure that the ribbon cable was firmly installed. The only other place I could think of that we had not check was under the carriage. So when the guys got home I asked them to help us get the machine off the frame so that we could check the carriage.
Yep, I think that plug that is not plugged in might cause an issue. How did I miss that during the install. Yikes! Plugged it in, got the carriage and machine back on the frame. And it works!
Moral of this story, check your carriage before you install. It is a lot easier to prevent this issue, then to fix it after everything is back on the frame.