Lorraine had mentioned that she wanted a house quilt to hang in her office. My Mom and I found the pattern for this quilt in Quilts! Quilts! Quilts!!! by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes. We started piecing the quilt right after I moved into the new house. Toward the end of May, I decided that I need to finish it so that it would be ready when the old house sold. I finished quilted the quilt in in the middle of June and we had a offer on the house soon afterward.
Since I knew this was going to be a wallhanging, I got to heavily quilt it. There is lots of detail on the houses, very heavy background fills and leaves and tendrils in the borders. I used Superior's So Fine thread and Fil Tec's Glide thread on top. And Fil Tec's Magna Glides in bobbin. I feel kind of guilty, but after I showed Lorraine the quilt, I explained that it is going in a show in September and she will not get it until after then. So we gave a cheesecake made by Matt that she could enjoy right away.